Friday, June 14, 2013

gore bike wear race power

Product Review: GORE BIKE WEAR® Race Power Overshoes

While I don’t deliberately seek out wet weather for riding, sometimes it’s unavoidable. My current overshoes have bit the dust, so I chose these GORE overshoes because the Velcro closure lets me take them on and off quickly and because of the GORE-TEX® membrane.

GORE BIKE WEAR™ Race Power Overshoes

This is a well thought out design — obviously road tested and tweaked until it was ride-ready. The sole cutout for cleats is generous. I run my cleats farther back on my shoe than most riders. Other overshoes stopped short of the cleat and had to be, uh, well, they had to be cut. Who wants to do that to a nice pair of overshoes?

The ample fit can accommodate different shoe styles but it’s not bulky in the least. The shoe didn’t rub against the crank arm during pedaling.

When the rain came down, GORE-TEX did its thing and kept my shoes and feet dry. I rode in temperatures ranging from 48º to 54º. My feet weren’t clammy afterwards since the GORE-TEX membrane keeps rain out but lets perspiration escape. Because GORE-TEX is windproof as well as waterproof, these overshoes are ideal for keeping your feet warm even when it’s not raining.

Wet Feet!

This rider could use some GORE BIKE WEAR® Race Power Overshoes!

If there was one drawback to the overshoes, it’s that they seem a little narrow at the top of the shoe. I have a narrow build, so it wasn’t an issue, but if you’re bulky just above the ankle, you might want to check your dimensions with the overshoe’s to make sure you’ll both get along.

That said, this will be my “go to” pair of overshoes throughout the changeable bike riding seasons.

The Details:
GORE BIKE WEAR® Race Power Overshoes
EU Sizes: Unisex, 36 – 50
MSRP: $89.99

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

No comments:

Post a Comment