Friday, June 14, 2013

sloughs bike shoppe

Northern California - San Jose bike shops

Bikeforums.net is a forum about nothing but bikes. Our community can help you find information about hard-to-find and localized information like bicycle tours, specialties like where in your area to have your recumbent bike serviced, or what are the best bicycle tires and seats for the activities you use your bike for.

View Full Version : San Jose bike shops


save10
10-28-08, 03:38 PM
new to area. what are the good LBS's in the San Jose area? I've look at the list of them on google, but which one's do you like? higher end, customer service, etc?

brron
10-28-08, 03:40 PM
hrm.. theres a lot.

can you tell me what kind of bikes you're into?

we have high performance bike stores like los gatos cyclery ( a bit far) and trek of san jose (which is only treks). we also have awesome garage-style shops like bicycle express downtown, san jose.

i've noticed most of them show up under yellowpages.com

Bostic
10-28-08, 03:58 PM
I only go to Slough's Bike Shoppe on Race Street and Shaw's Cycles in Santa Clara. Both are old school and Campy friendly.

jinws
10-28-08, 06:23 PM
I like Calmar in Santa Clara

mmcnicho
10-28-08, 11:03 PM
+1 Slough's Bike Shoppe

10-28-08, 11:58 PM
There's Chain Reaction in Los Altos. They sell mostly treks.

ahpook
10-29-08, 08:48 AM
Hate to be "that guy", but use the thread search for the topic "Best of the Bay Area Bike Shops", it went to 4+ pages last time with some good recommendations all around.

BigSean
10-29-08, 09:40 AM
Hate to be "that guy", but use the thread search for the topic "Best of the Bay Area Bike Shops", it went to 4+ pages last time with some good recommendations all around.

Ahhhhhh, but there are some new shops around.

Tread Bikes in Campbell is opening this weekend I believe. I know the owners, it is gonna be a great place. Located on Campbell Ave where Bradley Video used to be. They are carrying Scott as their main line.

save10
10-29-08, 11:47 AM
Hate to be "that guy", but use the thread search for the topic "Best of the Bay Area Bike Shops", it went to 4+ pages last time with some good recommendations all around.

you mean the search function that does work half the time? I stopped using it for lack of reliability

Bostic
10-29-08, 11:58 AM
I use google to search this site.
best/worst/lightest/blingest blah blah site:www.bikeforums.net

CRSturdivant
10-29-08, 03:45 PM
+1 for Calmar Bikes in Santa Clara. Be careful of Trail Head Cyclery (mostly mountain bikes). They tend to be a bit bike-snobby in my experiences.

BigSean
10-29-08, 05:23 PM
+1 for Calmar Bikes in Santa Clara. Be careful of Trail Head Cyclery (mostly mountain bikes). They tend to be a bit bike-snobby in my experiences.

You mean they know there stuff? Been doing business there for years. However the most experienced people are now gone.

bigbenaugust
10-29-08, 05:32 PM
I haven't been to a bike shop (outside of the one on-campus, the aptly-named Campus Bike Shop here at Stanford) in a long time because I do most of my own my maintenance (heck, I built the thing, I should maintain it). But my favorite LBS is Walt's in Sunnyvale. When I lived in Santa Clara, I went to Calmar. I used to go to Bicycle Outfitter in Los Altos, but that was a longer time ago, and they've changed management since.

Mhendricks
10-29-08, 09:19 PM
I only go to Slough's Bike Shoppe on Race Street and Shaw's Cycles in Santa Clara. Both are old school and Campy friendly.

+1 on Slough's. I've known this shop for the last 25 years. This is a REAL bike shop with tons of old Campy :thumb:

CRSturdivant
10-29-08, 10:41 PM
You mean they know there stuff? Been doing business there for years. However the most experienced people are now gone.

They certainly are knowledgeable there is no question about that. I have been going to Trail Head since I was in middle school. In my long term experiences they are not very personable and at times were somewhat rude to me. Like I said though, just my opinion, not trying to start a war.

No comments:

Post a Comment