Friday, June 14, 2013

brittons bike shop

Britton's Bike Shop

4 Reviews
  • Bikes, Bike Rentals
  • Hours today: 10 am - 7 pm Closed
  • Add Tip
  • Add Bookmark
4230 Thousand Oaks Dr, San Antonio, TX 78217
Yelp Ad

Performance Bicycle

8 Reviews
Adam B. said: If your a biker on a budget, this is the store for you!…
Call
Hours

Mon-Sat 10 am - 7 pm

Sun 12 pm - 5 pm

Credit Cards Yes
Price Range $$$$
Good for Kids Yes
From this Business

We offer top of the line bikes, tri-gear, superior fit…

Reviews

  • Mallory L.

    • 39 friends
    • 46 reviews
    6/29/2010

    So... I'm unemployed. Which has given me the time I always needed to fix up my road bike to ride... in the middle of summer. Yay.   But,… Read More

    So... I'm unemployed. Which has given me the time I always needed to fix up my road bike to ride... in the middle of summer. Yay.

    But, really! I'm happy about this!

    Britton's is family owned (from what I can tell - dad and daughter working, super friendly staff, and customers who know everyone's name). They're super helpful and friendly, and although I don't know much about bikes, I told them my budget, and by no means did they try to rip me off or sell me unnecessary bike bric a brac.

    They have a riding club on Tuesdays and a mailing list - yay for social interaction!

    Also, for you cheapos out there - I know how you think!! I have zero income and am not excited to go around spending money right now, but let me tell you something I learned about bike stuff:

    I went to Academy to be a cheapo and buy an "affordable" bike pump. Well, they have two brands, both of which I've used and are made of plastic and evil. I bought one anyway, got it home, and proceeded to pump up my tire HALFWAY before I gave up entirely. It was like wrestling an alligator. Just spend the damn money and buy a nice one!

    I bought a great pump for $35 that works without effort and even has a gauge.

    I heart Brittons.

    They also rent bikes and have some seriously fancy gear + knowledgeable staff.

  • Curt C.

    • Elite '13
    • 87 friends
    • 361 reviews
    10/11/2010

    Locally owned and operated.  They have some serious bikes. If you need to get your biking shoes custom fitted, they have the machines to do… Read More

    Locally owned and operated.
    They have some serious bikes. If you need to get your biking shoes custom fitted, they have the machines to do this, where they can melt the shoes around your feet. I've never seen anything like it.
    They offer world-class road bikes. In fact, they're mainly road and racing bikes. They don't really have too many mountain bikes. They do have a neat selection of retro bikes, which I always love browsing through.
    They have a great selection of gear, which is for serious riders.
    The prices are high for the casual biker, but if you're a serious rider, this is one of the few shops that actually knows what they're doing on some of these ultra-expensive road bikes.
    They have a machine that you set your bike on, and pedal, and they can make all the adjustments on the fly. Incredible. Most other bike shops, you tell them what they want, they eyeball your dimensions, and try to fix it in the back of the shop. Not here, they work on it in front of you so you can keep a close eye on what they're doing, and how. The service is friendly, and professional.
    They do offer a social aspect, it's a great place to find out about upcoming races and rides. I appreciate that.

    • 0 friends
    • 1 review
    10/28/2011

    Came from out of town and needed a race check! After calling a few other shops that were rude and unwilling to help i found Brittons! This… Read More

    Came from out of town and needed a race check! After calling a few other shops that were rude and unwilling to help i found Brittons! This is an Awesome bike shop! Super helpful even though they were closed!!!! Thanks guys!!!

  • Matthew R.

    • 5 friends
    • 11 reviews
    7/26/2010

    My wife and I went looking to new beach cruisers on day and we hit just about every major bike shop in San Antonio before the day was over… Read More

    My wife and I went looking to new beach cruisers on day and we hit just about every major bike shop in San Antonio before the day was over we even looked at department stores and sporting good stores. We found two cruisers at Britton's for the same price as department store junk! (a wheel fell off of one of the department store bikes when we looked at) The big difference was quality! The bikes at britton's are built by professionals and there selection is better (alloy frames instead of heavy steel like department store ones). When we ordered 2 bikes they gave us 15% off! We saved a ton of money compared to other shops in town.

  1. Photo of Matthew R.

    Matthew R.

    4/5/2013
    Good road bike selection, but can order mountian and beach cruisers...just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment